- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: ~scape
Pulling no proverbial punches and deftly delivering just what you need, ~scape issues another opus of majestic electro dub. The distinctive difference with Portable‘s Alan Abraham lies in his treatments of Leo Fernandez‘s guitar-owing to his South African roots, he meshes it with fragments of African percussion. His background is most notable on the tribal "Ebb And Flow," the polyrhythmic "Thought in Action" and the aural downpour of "Typhoon," although a few tracks lack the scintillating charisma of Version‘s apexes. With luck, the next version shall remedy this.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player