- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: ~scape
Pulling no proverbial punches and deftly delivering just what you need, ~scape issues another opus of majestic electro dub. The distinctive difference with Portable‘s Alan Abraham lies in his treatments of Leo Fernandez‘s guitar-owing to his South African roots, he meshes it with fragments of African percussion. His background is most notable on the tribal "Ebb And Flow," the polyrhythmic "Thought in Action" and the aural downpour of "Typhoon," although a few tracks lack the scintillating charisma of Version‘s apexes. With luck, the next version shall remedy this.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
XLR8R Downloads Player