The Presets Beams
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Modular
The Presets is the heady dancefloor project of Australians Julian Hamilton and Kimberley Moyes, who met while studying theory and music performance at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. Beams, the duo's anticipated debut, is a broad but always danceable effort. From the dark-wave distortion of "Down Down Down" to the melodic synths of "Black Background," the record covers a lot of ground, and is tied together by the album's cinematic closer and title track. Their sound could use a little more focus, but Beams is still a respectable beginning for a promising group.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player