The Presets Beams
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Modular
The Presets is the heady dancefloor project of Australians Julian Hamilton and Kimberley Moyes, who met while studying theory and music performance at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. Beams, the duo's anticipated debut, is a broad but always danceable effort. From the dark-wave distortion of "Down Down Down" to the melodic synths of "Black Background," the record covers a lot of ground, and is tied together by the album's cinematic closer and title track. Their sound could use a little more focus, but Beams is still a respectable beginning for a promising group.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player