The Presets Beams
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Modular
The Presets is the heady dancefloor project of Australians Julian Hamilton and Kimberley Moyes, who met while studying theory and music performance at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. Beams, the duo's anticipated debut, is a broad but always danceable effort. From the dark-wave distortion of "Down Down Down" to the melodic synths of "Black Background," the record covers a lot of ground, and is tied together by the album's cinematic closer and title track. Their sound could use a little more focus, but Beams is still a respectable beginning for a promising group.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player