- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Concrete Grooves
Those born after ‘85 may not remember Presto Magix, but there couldn‘t be a more appropriate metaphor for Culver City producer Presto's new LP. Like those bygone rub-on transfer kits, Presto's tracks can be applied to myriad environments, fitting just as crisply on a hip-hop mixtape as they would at the winding down of an extended after-hours party. Known for his patient, jazz-tinged solo instrumentals, Presto recruits a solid squad of guests (Lowd, J Medeiros, and Raashan Ahmad among them), to bridge the old school with the new.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player