- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Concrete Grooves
Those born after ‘85 may not remember Presto Magix, but there couldn‘t be a more appropriate metaphor for Culver City producer Presto's new LP. Like those bygone rub-on transfer kits, Presto's tracks can be applied to myriad environments, fitting just as crisply on a hip-hop mixtape as they would at the winding down of an extended after-hours party. Known for his patient, jazz-tinged solo instrumentals, Presto recruits a solid squad of guests (Lowd, J Medeiros, and Raashan Ahmad among them), to bridge the old school with the new.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player