Prince Po The Slickness
- Words: DJ Anna
- Label: Lex
A nation of hip-hop heads mourned the demise of Organized Konfusion, the seminal '90s group that stretched the idea of rap lyricism with cuts like "Releasing Hypnotical Gases" and "Bring It On." And while Pharoahe Monch successfully re-invented himself with a Rawkus record deal and hits like "Simon Says" and "Oh No," his equally talented partner Prince Po toiled in underground purgatory with some duly overlooked projects. Until now. Leave it to a young LA producer and a British record label to revive the career of this New York emcee. Madlib, Danger Mouse and J-Zone create the background for Po's mesmerizing delivery here, and each track drips with heart and soul as a classic voice collaborates with the best of today's talent. Long live the Prince.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
XLR8R Downloads Player