Principles of Geometry Lazare
- Words: Michael Byrne
- Label: Tigersushi
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Principles of Geometry, the French duo of Guillaume Grosso and Jeremy Duval, have created one of the more generally insane releases of late in the Tigersushi family. Synth fetish music made by Aphex Twin-obsessed forest creatures, Lazare giddily chases around moods and ideas with no discernable end in sight. A snarly Cannibal Ox drops in on a float-along synth track ("Napoleon") and gets spit out at the other end of Black Strobe’s studio, while tracks like "Titan" and "Shaber Hill" set up delirious cat's cradles of analog-synth tones. The album's gem, "A Mountain for President," with the bonus of Sebastien Tellier’s voice, is alone worth the price.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player