The Procussions 5 Sparrows For 2 Cents
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Rawkus
One might think that being the first act signed to the resurfaced Rawkus Records would leave an up-and-coming group like The Procussions feeling somewhat under pressure-especially considering that the label‘s graduates include the likes of Mos Def and Talib Kweli. But on their sophomore album, The Procussions sound as comfortable as can be while laying down their percussion-centric beats and socially alert raps. While not every track is as catchy as the lead single "The Storm" or as thoughtfully constructed as the anti-child abuse anthem "Little People," this trio will certainly help Rawkus step back out on the right foot.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player