The Procussions Up All Night
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Miclife
The set-up: one night, one mic, one studio, live drums, live Fender Rhodes, J-Skills of the Sound Providers (a.k.a. Stro the 89th Key) on the kit, the keys and the boards, and a few guests invited for a late night jam session, complete with freestyles and (presumably) Heinekens and hydro aplenty. Basically, if you like The Roots (up to Illadelph Halflife), Breakestra, Project Blowed, Freestyle Fellowship, Roy Ayers, or Dr. Lonnie Smith, you‘ll be in love with The Procussions, who nail that mellow old-school soul-jazz vibe right down to the yellowed, faded album art. Up All Night isn‘t an especially danceable project, but it‘s as comfortable as a familiar couch for those blissful chill out sessions.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player