The Procussions Up All Night
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Miclife
The set-up: one night, one mic, one studio, live drums, live Fender Rhodes, J-Skills of the Sound Providers (a.k.a. Stro the 89th Key) on the kit, the keys and the boards, and a few guests invited for a late night jam session, complete with freestyles and (presumably) Heinekens and hydro aplenty. Basically, if you like The Roots (up to Illadelph Halflife), Breakestra, Project Blowed, Freestyle Fellowship, Roy Ayers, or Dr. Lonnie Smith, you‘ll be in love with The Procussions, who nail that mellow old-school soul-jazz vibe right down to the yellowed, faded album art. Up All Night isn‘t an especially danceable project, but it‘s as comfortable as a familiar couch for those blissful chill out sessions.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
XLR8R Downloads Player