The Procussions Up All Night
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Miclife
The set-up: one night, one mic, one studio, live drums, live Fender Rhodes, J-Skills of the Sound Providers (a.k.a. Stro the 89th Key) on the kit, the keys and the boards, and a few guests invited for a late night jam session, complete with freestyles and (presumably) Heinekens and hydro aplenty. Basically, if you like The Roots (up to Illadelph Halflife), Breakestra, Project Blowed, Freestyle Fellowship, Roy Ayers, or Dr. Lonnie Smith, you‘ll be in love with The Procussions, who nail that mellow old-school soul-jazz vibe right down to the yellowed, faded album art. Up All Night isn‘t an especially danceable project, but it‘s as comfortable as a familiar couch for those blissful chill out sessions.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player