The Procussions Up All Night
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Miclife
The set-up: one night, one mic, one studio, live drums, live Fender Rhodes, J-Skills of the Sound Providers (a.k.a. Stro the 89th Key) on the kit, the keys and the boards, and a few guests invited for a late night jam session, complete with freestyles and (presumably) Heinekens and hydro aplenty. Basically, if you like The Roots (up to Illadelph Halflife), Breakestra, Project Blowed, Freestyle Fellowship, Roy Ayers, or Dr. Lonnie Smith, you‘ll be in love with The Procussions, who nail that mellow old-school soul-jazz vibe right down to the yellowed, faded album art. Up All Night isn‘t an especially danceable project, but it‘s as comfortable as a familiar couch for those blissful chill out sessions.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player