The Procussions As Iron Sharpens Iron
- Words: DJ Daz
- Label: Basementalism
Ay yo, Pro's are no joke! Colorado boys now residing in Los Angeles, producer/MC Stro the 89th Key and MC Resonant rhyme alongside Mr. J, who sounds like a young Mike D (Beastie Boys). From the minute you pop this CD on, you can feel how hype these cats are. "We Gotta" is a Rhodes-induced soul hip-hop track reminiscent of early Common joints like "I Used To Love H.E.R." "Move Yer Self" is a sweet bossanova excursion followed by "Track #10," a bugged out interlude where they parody C&C Music Factory. At times, the lyrics don't really hit you upside the head-these MCs don't have that classic feel yet, but give them time. If y'all like your hip-hop positive, the kind of thing that you can smoke an L to while watching the sun rise, then this album's for you. "
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player