The Procussions As Iron Sharpens Iron
- Words: DJ Daz
- Label: Basementalism
Ay yo, Pro's are no joke! Colorado boys now residing in Los Angeles, producer/MC Stro the 89th Key and MC Resonant rhyme alongside Mr. J, who sounds like a young Mike D (Beastie Boys). From the minute you pop this CD on, you can feel how hype these cats are. "We Gotta" is a Rhodes-induced soul hip-hop track reminiscent of early Common joints like "I Used To Love H.E.R." "Move Yer Self" is a sweet bossanova excursion followed by "Track #10," a bugged out interlude where they parody C&C Music Factory. At times, the lyrics don't really hit you upside the head-these MCs don't have that classic feel yet, but give them time. If y'all like your hip-hop positive, the kind of thing that you can smoke an L to while watching the sun rise, then this album's for you. "
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player