Psalm One The Death of Frequent Flyer
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Rhymesayers
On her Rhymesayers debut, former chemist Psalm One lets it be known that as an MC, she's more than just "good for a girl." While her rhymes do transcend gender lines, on cuts like "Rapper Girls"-in which scantily clad female MCs get the boot-she addresses issues most male MCs won't. With a steady supply of soulful, sample-driven productions from fellow Chicagoans Overflo, Thaione Davis, and others, Psalm delivers an up-close look into her complex personality and intriguing opinions. If she can only sharpen her hook writing (see the sloppy chorus on "Rap Star") she‘ll be an even more versatile talent"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player