Psalm One The Death of Frequent Flyer
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Rhymesayers
On her Rhymesayers debut, former chemist Psalm One lets it be known that as an MC, she's more than just "good for a girl." While her rhymes do transcend gender lines, on cuts like "Rapper Girls"-in which scantily clad female MCs get the boot-she addresses issues most male MCs won't. With a steady supply of soulful, sample-driven productions from fellow Chicagoans Overflo, Thaione Davis, and others, Psalm delivers an up-close look into her complex personality and intriguing opinions. If she can only sharpen her hook writing (see the sloppy chorus on "Rap Star") she‘ll be an even more versatile talent"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
XLR8R Downloads Player