Psyche Origami The Standard
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: ArcTheFinger
It‘s not difficult to deduce what fuels Psyche Origami‘s latest: the Atlanta MC/double-DJ indie combo‘s sophomore full-length loosely centers on filling-station imagery. If the framework was explicitly extrapolated, oil could offer a vehicle for viciously, viscously pointed observations. Except, using a car metaphor, this ride‘s almost too glossy. Cerebral but without cortical crags, the knotty-yet-noddin‘ verses hug Native Tongues-meets-Main Source-style buoyant funk almost too harmoniously, blending and breezing by. Psyche Origami is definitely heading towards something, when they could be more aggressively driving at it.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player