- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Lax
More Gonkyburg goodness! It's getting hard to keep up with all the goodies coming out of Gothenburg, Sweden, but young Jonas Quant is definitely one to keep tabs on. Hot on the heels of his smash collaboration with Ernesto, "Tryin'," comes this smooth album of round basslines, crisp broken beats and sweet vocals. Sometimes Getting Out gets a little too slick, like on the overly lounging "Come And Go," but on most tracks, like the squelched and choppy "Chills & Thrills," bilingual vocals, Quant's strong drum programming, and deft song structures make for an engaging new chapter in the Swedish story.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player