- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Subvariant
The key to any hypnotic record is the beat. Quantazelle (a.k.a. Liz McLean Knight) uses the same deep bass and stuttering synth stubs to keep you on track while she takes her static samples skating across the cosmic plains. A hot trick that could get stale in someone else's hands, but Quantazelle melds in delicate instrumentation and slowly builds the tracks into a high-paced frenzy, a playful kind of manic with toy piano tinkering out mischievous melodies. Coaster's collection of spry songs is genuine experimental endearment.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player