- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Subvariant
The key to any hypnotic record is the beat. Quantazelle (a.k.a. Liz McLean Knight) uses the same deep bass and stuttering synth stubs to keep you on track while she takes her static samples skating across the cosmic plains. A hot trick that could get stale in someone else's hands, but Quantazelle melds in delicate instrumentation and slowly builds the tracks into a high-paced frenzy, a playful kind of manic with toy piano tinkering out mischievous melodies. Coaster's collection of spry songs is genuine experimental endearment.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player