Quinoline Yellow Cyriack Parasol EP
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Skam
Does this review really matter? It's on Skam, Autechre may have touched it once, plus there's a track atavistically and cryptically entitled "eu jach"-a veritable checklist of requirements guaranteed to cause IDM completists worldwide to foam at the mouth. That's a shame, because the music of Quinoline Yellow stretches far beyond clich?s. Cyriack Parasol is a freshly reconfigured remembrance of 1996 Warp/GPR/Rephlex-era electronics that sounds almost old-timey with its total lack of DSP effects and laptop-spliced beats. Still, it confidently clatters along crisply with visionary outbursts of melody and constantly evolving songscapes. This one's not a skam at all.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
XLR8R Downloads Player