Quinoline Yellow Cyriack Parasol EP
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Skam
Does this review really matter? It's on Skam, Autechre may have touched it once, plus there's a track atavistically and cryptically entitled "eu jach"-a veritable checklist of requirements guaranteed to cause IDM completists worldwide to foam at the mouth. That's a shame, because the music of Quinoline Yellow stretches far beyond clich?s. Cyriack Parasol is a freshly reconfigured remembrance of 1996 Warp/GPR/Rephlex-era electronics that sounds almost old-timey with its total lack of DSP effects and laptop-spliced beats. Still, it confidently clatters along crisply with visionary outbursts of melody and constantly evolving songscapes. This one's not a skam at all.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player