Quinoline Yellow Cyriack Parasol EP
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Skam
Does this review really matter? It's on Skam, Autechre may have touched it once, plus there's a track atavistically and cryptically entitled "eu jach"-a veritable checklist of requirements guaranteed to cause IDM completists worldwide to foam at the mouth. That's a shame, because the music of Quinoline Yellow stretches far beyond clich?s. Cyriack Parasol is a freshly reconfigured remembrance of 1996 Warp/GPR/Rephlex-era electronics that sounds almost old-timey with its total lack of DSP effects and laptop-spliced beats. Still, it confidently clatters along crisply with visionary outbursts of melody and constantly evolving songscapes. This one's not a skam at all.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player