Qwel & Jackson Jones Dark Day
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Galapagos4
Rapper Qwel and beatsmith Jackson Jones have tailored an album that typifies Galapagos4‘s spirited releases. Qwel‘s raps are insightful and vigorous as ever, while Jones‘ melancholy beats are a perfect compliment. "Vincent Van Gogh Coke Ad" and "A Beautiful Thing" triumph as the album‘s finest moments. However, the project‘s gloomy nature grows unsettling midway through and is dead tiresome by the end. "Dark Day" and "Spit Your Lit" reflect effort, but are tedious downers, as is most of the project. Although Qwel and Jones are obviously sincere artists, Dark Day is simply an unmemorable listen.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player