Qwel & Jackson Jones Dark Day
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Galapagos4
Rapper Qwel and beatsmith Jackson Jones have tailored an album that typifies Galapagos4‘s spirited releases. Qwel‘s raps are insightful and vigorous as ever, while Jones‘ melancholy beats are a perfect compliment. "Vincent Van Gogh Coke Ad" and "A Beautiful Thing" triumph as the album‘s finest moments. However, the project‘s gloomy nature grows unsettling midway through and is dead tiresome by the end. "Dark Day" and "Spit Your Lit" reflect effort, but are tedious downers, as is most of the project. Although Qwel and Jones are obviously sincere artists, Dark Day is simply an unmemorable listen.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player