- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Thrill Jockey
Austerity is a stereotype that Germanic avant-gardists have earned over the years, and the new album from Viennese trio Radian may not radically alter this perception. But in comparison with their debut, Rec.Extern, Juxtaposition is downright merry. There's still plenty in the way of digitally composed space-that is, room between sounds, empty industrial wastelands-but where Rec.Extern processed the trio's improvisations into digital oblivion, Juxtaposition leaves trace elements of live rhythms and hints that this is in fact a trio that plays music. Fans of Kammerflimmer Kollectif and To Rococo Rot, take note.
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player