- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Thrill Jockey
Austerity is a stereotype that Germanic avant-gardists have earned over the years, and the new album from Viennese trio Radian may not radically alter this perception. But in comparison with their debut, Rec.Extern, Juxtaposition is downright merry. There's still plenty in the way of digitally composed space-that is, room between sounds, empty industrial wastelands-but where Rec.Extern processed the trio's improvisations into digital oblivion, Juxtaposition leaves trace elements of live rhythms and hints that this is in fact a trio that plays music. Fans of Kammerflimmer Kollectif and To Rococo Rot, take note.
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player