- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Thrill Jockey
Austerity is a stereotype that Germanic avant-gardists have earned over the years, and the new album from Viennese trio Radian may not radically alter this perception. But in comparison with their debut, Rec.Extern, Juxtaposition is downright merry. There's still plenty in the way of digitally composed space-that is, room between sounds, empty industrial wastelands-but where Rec.Extern processed the trio's improvisations into digital oblivion, Juxtaposition leaves trace elements of live rhythms and hints that this is in fact a trio that plays music. Fans of Kammerflimmer Kollectif and To Rococo Rot, take note.
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player