Raekwon The Lex Diamond Story
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Universal/Motown
The fact that Raekwon's The Lex Diamond Story has more thrust than most hip-hop albums I've heard in recent months may actually be a bad portent for the genre, given that The Lex Diamond Story sounds exactly like an album Raekwon could have dropped the album in 1994. After unleashing the classic Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers, Wu-Tang Clan has never been able to top itself, and Raekwon's rap style, though well-honed, sounds pass» -as though he's still stuck at the edge of the bling era. Nonetheless, this album has some solid, rattle-your-trunk singles, like "Missing Watch" (with Ghostface) and "The Hood" (featuring Tiffany Villarreal).
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player