Raekwon The Lex Diamond Story
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Universal/Motown
The fact that Raekwon's The Lex Diamond Story has more thrust than most hip-hop albums I've heard in recent months may actually be a bad portent for the genre, given that The Lex Diamond Story sounds exactly like an album Raekwon could have dropped the album in 1994. After unleashing the classic Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers, Wu-Tang Clan has never been able to top itself, and Raekwon's rap style, though well-honed, sounds pass» -as though he's still stuck at the edge of the bling era. Nonetheless, this album has some solid, rattle-your-trunk singles, like "Missing Watch" (with Ghostface) and "The Hood" (featuring Tiffany Villarreal).
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player