Raekwon The Lex Diamond Story
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Universal/Motown
The fact that Raekwon's The Lex Diamond Story has more thrust than most hip-hop albums I've heard in recent months may actually be a bad portent for the genre, given that The Lex Diamond Story sounds exactly like an album Raekwon could have dropped the album in 1994. After unleashing the classic Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers, Wu-Tang Clan has never been able to top itself, and Raekwon's rap style, though well-honed, sounds pass» -as though he's still stuck at the edge of the bling era. Nonetheless, this album has some solid, rattle-your-trunk singles, like "Missing Watch" (with Ghostface) and "The Hood" (featuring Tiffany Villarreal).
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player