Rahzel Rahzel's Greatest Knockouts
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Sure Shot
Rahzel is the Eighth Wonder of the hip-hop universe, a man who grasped the beatbox blueprint created by Doug E. Fresh and Buffy of the Fat Boys and took it to a new level of vocal percussion perfection. Record company politics, perhaps, have conspired to keep him down (he was once signed to MCA), but like the true champion that he is, he bounces right back up with Greatest Knockouts. If this album of classic boom bip-isms were a mere mix tape, it would be impressive. Since it's basically just one guy doing it all (with a little help from friends like KRS-One, RZA, JS-1, and Slick Rick), it's a mind-boggling accomplishment. Essential listening for true-schoolers.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player