Rahzel Rahzel's Greatest Knockouts
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Sure Shot
Rahzel is the Eighth Wonder of the hip-hop universe, a man who grasped the beatbox blueprint created by Doug E. Fresh and Buffy of the Fat Boys and took it to a new level of vocal percussion perfection. Record company politics, perhaps, have conspired to keep him down (he was once signed to MCA), but like the true champion that he is, he bounces right back up with Greatest Knockouts. If this album of classic boom bip-isms were a mere mix tape, it would be impressive. Since it's basically just one guy doing it all (with a little help from friends like KRS-One, RZA, JS-1, and Slick Rick), it's a mind-boggling accomplishment. Essential listening for true-schoolers.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player