Rahzel Rahzel's Greatest Knockouts
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Sure Shot
Rahzel is the Eighth Wonder of the hip-hop universe, a man who grasped the beatbox blueprint created by Doug E. Fresh and Buffy of the Fat Boys and took it to a new level of vocal percussion perfection. Record company politics, perhaps, have conspired to keep him down (he was once signed to MCA), but like the true champion that he is, he bounces right back up with Greatest Knockouts. If this album of classic boom bip-isms were a mere mix tape, it would be impressive. Since it's basically just one guy doing it all (with a little help from friends like KRS-One, RZA, JS-1, and Slick Rick), it's a mind-boggling accomplishment. Essential listening for true-schoolers.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player