Randolph Randolph Says, This is...What it is
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Mahogani
The jazzy, soulful debut album by Detroit's Paul Randolph doesn't exactly feel like a debut because of the longtime session player's resume. He's played with Carl Craig's Innerzone Orchestra, Amp Fiddler, Parliament Funkadelic, Recloose, Kevin Saunderson (Inner City, Reece Project), Mad Mike Banks (Underground Resistance) and a slew of other artists. Warm, welcoming jazzy house music is the common vibe throughout Randolph Says' six tracks (a relatively short foray), unsurprising considering it was released by Mahogani Music, Kenny Dixon Jr.'s (Moodymann) label imprint. If nothing else, Randolph Says,/i> gives listeners an enticing sampling of the potential talent of Paul Randolph, proving it's time for him to step out on his own and proclaim his solo turf in the Motor City.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player