- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Beggars-XL
Oh snap, wigga, please! Even the Crest-est white indie boys are down with the Neptunes these days. Swapping the gently pawed Fender Rhodes of Pharrell and Chad for a ferociously repeated onslaught of power chords and raaaawk reverb, Brooklyn duo Ratatat keenly keeps the Kraftwerk homage beeping and the laptop filled with hip-hop boom-clack destined to please the kids of the Midwest. Is this the Postal Service? Certainly not-there's nary a twee vocal to be found amongst this 45-minute compressed cutie of a CD. Bach meets Van Halen in the Krautrock section of Other Music? Yes! With their delicate baroque fugues inducing countless hours of air guitar posturing, Flying V-toting IDM in paint-splattered spandex is here to stay.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player