- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Beggars-XL
Oh snap, wigga, please! Even the Crest-est white indie boys are down with the Neptunes these days. Swapping the gently pawed Fender Rhodes of Pharrell and Chad for a ferociously repeated onslaught of power chords and raaaawk reverb, Brooklyn duo Ratatat keenly keeps the Kraftwerk homage beeping and the laptop filled with hip-hop boom-clack destined to please the kids of the Midwest. Is this the Postal Service? Certainly not-there's nary a twee vocal to be found amongst this 45-minute compressed cutie of a CD. Bach meets Van Halen in the Krautrock section of Other Music? Yes! With their delicate baroque fugues inducing countless hours of air guitar posturing, Flying V-toting IDM in paint-splattered spandex is here to stay.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player