The Raveonettes Lust Lust Lust
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Vice
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
There’s always been something a little mannequin-like about The Raveonettes’ Sune Rose Wagner and Sharin Foo, and not just because of the duo’s aloof Danish poise. Or perhaps they should be accused of wearing someone else’s clothes, tailoring their catchy discontent from swatches of The Sonics’ unblinking fuzz, Suicide’s threadbare drum machines, The Shangri-Las’ stagy vocal play, plus the Jesus and Mary Chain/Primal Scream’s reverberating snarl. On their third full-length, The Raveonettes further perfect the play of coquettishly kittenish against feral, placing stony, come-hither harmonies atop variegated steam-value distortion. The pieces’ original designers no longer matter; The Raveonettes own the look.
- ReviewGeiom feat. Terrible Shock "2-4-6"
- MP3El Niño Andres "Mona (Sleep Tight Remix)"
- MP3Ambalance "Are You Around (Grenier Remix)"
- FeatureHi, Doctor Nick! - Air Miles, Saving Money on Coffee, and Letting Your Demo Find Its Way to the Right People
- FeatureDeep Inside: Daft Punk 'Random Access Memories'
- December 31: Chrome Children Tour US
- December 31: John Tejada Releases Cleaning Sounds Is A Filthy Business
- December 31: Luciano Releases Child Of A King, Tours North America
- December 31: Plant Music To Release label compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player