The Raveonettes Lust Lust Lust
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Vice
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
There’s always been something a little mannequin-like about The Raveonettes’ Sune Rose Wagner and Sharin Foo, and not just because of the duo’s aloof Danish poise. Or perhaps they should be accused of wearing someone else’s clothes, tailoring their catchy discontent from swatches of The Sonics’ unblinking fuzz, Suicide’s threadbare drum machines, The Shangri-Las’ stagy vocal play, plus the Jesus and Mary Chain/Primal Scream’s reverberating snarl. On their third full-length, The Raveonettes further perfect the play of coquettishly kittenish against feral, placing stony, come-hither harmonies atop variegated steam-value distortion. The pieces’ original designers no longer matter; The Raveonettes own the look.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player