Raw Deal Used to Be
- Words: Tomas
- Label: Straight Ahead
Soaring, soulful vocals and three-part harmonies cascade through Jim "Raw Deal" Robbins's first single from his forthcoming Snakes And Ladders album. Zap Mama's Tanya "Nia" Saw sweetly complements Robbins's shuffle-boogie beat that draws on electro-disco instrumentation, cowbells, jazzy guitars and all. Superb.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player