Reanimator Special Powers
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Community Library
Community Library is known for releasing eclectic music that's quirky and raw. Yet Reanimator's Special Powers is simply composed of repetitive drums, random noise, and bleeps that hardly progress nor fuse well together. Neither experimental, ambient, or "electronica," each track lacks cohesiveness, emotion, and rhythm. The insert touts that it's "recorded live to two-track quarter-inch tape without the aid of a computer." What does this translate to? Underdeveloped keyboard clatter, minus the raw charm of homemade recordings. Surely intended to be odd, Special Powers is indeed special-but not in a good way.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player