Reanimator Special Powers
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Community Library
Community Library is known for releasing eclectic music that's quirky and raw. Yet Reanimator's Special Powers is simply composed of repetitive drums, random noise, and bleeps that hardly progress nor fuse well together. Neither experimental, ambient, or "electronica," each track lacks cohesiveness, emotion, and rhythm. The insert touts that it's "recorded live to two-track quarter-inch tape without the aid of a computer." What does this translate to? Underdeveloped keyboard clatter, minus the raw charm of homemade recordings. Surely intended to be odd, Special Powers is indeed special-but not in a good way.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Wildildlife "Nervous Buzzing (Hours of Worship Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player