Reanimator Special Powers
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Community Library
Community Library is known for releasing eclectic music that's quirky and raw. Yet Reanimator's Special Powers is simply composed of repetitive drums, random noise, and bleeps that hardly progress nor fuse well together. Neither experimental, ambient, or "electronica," each track lacks cohesiveness, emotion, and rhythm. The insert touts that it's "recorded live to two-track quarter-inch tape without the aid of a computer." What does this translate to? Underdeveloped keyboard clatter, minus the raw charm of homemade recordings. Surely intended to be odd, Special Powers is indeed special-but not in a good way.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player