Rechenzentrum Director's Cut
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Mille Plateaux
The pleasures in German multimedia collective Rechenzentrum's music aren't to be found in the structure-shifting, ambient dub-techno configurations long familiar from generations of German electronic music-but in the details, where pianos drizzle over grayscale waveform mountain ranges, rumbling bass wreaks seismic havoc, and scraps of melody flit across the sound field like radio transmissions in search of a way home. It sounds a bit like a distillation of the last five years of glitch techno-except, curiously, much better than the sum of its parts. There's a depth and a richness here that's absent from most laptop wankery; instead of silicon myopia, Rechenzentrum's perspective looks past the motherboard and out onto a world of startling life and color.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player