Rechenzentrum Director's Cut
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Mille Plateaux
The pleasures in German multimedia collective Rechenzentrum's music aren't to be found in the structure-shifting, ambient dub-techno configurations long familiar from generations of German electronic music-but in the details, where pianos drizzle over grayscale waveform mountain ranges, rumbling bass wreaks seismic havoc, and scraps of melody flit across the sound field like radio transmissions in search of a way home. It sounds a bit like a distillation of the last five years of glitch techno-except, curiously, much better than the sum of its parts. There's a depth and a richness here that's absent from most laptop wankery; instead of silicon myopia, Rechenzentrum's perspective looks past the motherboard and out onto a world of startling life and color.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Co-Op 87
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsRustie, Talaboman, Ben UFO, Jacques Greene, How to Dress Well, and More Added to Club to Club 2014 Line-Up
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player