Rechenzentrum Director's Cut
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Mille Plateaux
The pleasures in German multimedia collective Rechenzentrum's music aren't to be found in the structure-shifting, ambient dub-techno configurations long familiar from generations of German electronic music-but in the details, where pianos drizzle over grayscale waveform mountain ranges, rumbling bass wreaks seismic havoc, and scraps of melody flit across the sound field like radio transmissions in search of a way home. It sounds a bit like a distillation of the last five years of glitch techno-except, curiously, much better than the sum of its parts. There's a depth and a richness here that's absent from most laptop wankery; instead of silicon myopia, Rechenzentrum's perspective looks past the motherboard and out onto a world of startling life and color.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
XLR8R Downloads Player