Repeat Repeat Bounce Your Body To The Box
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Soma
While Soma‘s recent output has been too club-oriented for some listeners, this new EP should reinvigorate interest in the label‘s diverse A&R policies. Dave Congreve and Mark Rutherford‘s Repeat Repeat treads in minimal acid territory, the no-man‘s land between Orac‘s tweaky, panned and cut-up minimalism and Perlon‘s guttural bounce. "I Dream of Riots" slices ‘80s videogame noises with a laser scalpel, exposing a core of tic-tac drum skips and stereo digital sound design. "Intense" is the most apt description I have for this.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player