Repeat Repeat Bounce Your Body To The Box
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Soma
While Soma‘s recent output has been too club-oriented for some listeners, this new EP should reinvigorate interest in the label‘s diverse A&R policies. Dave Congreve and Mark Rutherford‘s Repeat Repeat treads in minimal acid territory, the no-man‘s land between Orac‘s tweaky, panned and cut-up minimalism and Perlon‘s guttural bounce. "I Dream of Riots" slices ‘80s videogame noises with a laser scalpel, exposing a core of tic-tac drum skips and stereo digital sound design. "Intense" is the most apt description I have for this.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player