Repeat Repeat Squints
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Soma
On "Flip Flop," the first track on Repeat Repeat's album of gleefully off-kilter beats and loop-driven minimalism, a male voice pops in over the watery synths and squelchy beats to occasionally deliver a nonchalant "uh huh." Humorous dashes like these are the highlight of this album, which is a showcase of Dave Congreve's and Mark Rutherford's acid house roots. The two take their work seriously, delivering slick, sick tracks, but they never get buried beneath their own bombast. The album's accessibility borders on pop, but ultimately the two steer clear of radio-style catchiness-a wise choice.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player