- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Odd Shaped Case
The debut solo album from Berkeley, CA-based Ryan Francesconi works as a soundtrack for pensive, pondering times, that lets the mind drift from rigidity and schedules. A lofty, deeply atmospheric ambient musical work, Interno combines an assortment of electronic textures with classical and acoustic instrumentation such as the cello, violin, flute, clarinet, horns and guitar, and brandishes Balkan music as a major influence. It's a soothing, contemplative yet exploratory effort-especially surprising considering Francesconi's career as a computer programmer and application developer. He even wrote much of the software he uses to compose his music. Interno is an impressive start.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player