Rhythm King And Her Friends I Am Disco
- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: Kitty Yo
The first time I heard this feminist trio they were singing about the "boyish closet" dilemma of getting dressed when "everything looks queer today." Their song "Pants"-a funky curiosity full of breakbeats, samples and wobbly guitar-appeared on the Tsunami-Addiction comp Toxic Girls, and I had been wanting to hear more ever since. More catchy, nervy, eclectic electro is what appears on their full-length debut I Am Disco, which is sung in English, French and Bulgarian. Grappling with queer issues, work issues, body issues and political issues, their content fits the attitude of this dissident disco party.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player