Ricardo Villalobos The Au Harem D‘Archimede
- Words: Ken Micallef
- Label: Perlon
Glitch and girth music is all too often like a band of bugs hitting you up for spare change. You see them coming, you try to look away, but before you know it the music is zapping your head and your pockets are emptied. Ricardo Villalobos builds on this cycle, making music that is surprisingly elastic and warm yet still full of brain zappers that will keep yours ears perked. "Hello Hallo" is liquid and lusty; "Miami" is oddly impersonal; "Temenarc 1" recalls elevator sex with a stranger: fast, tight, abrupt, satisfying.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player