Richard Davis Details
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Kitty-Yo
It‘s all in the details, they say, and with Richard Davis‘ third full-length, they couldn‘t be more right. At once an intimate and a social affair, from studio to the salon to the dancefloor, this album plays out as both as both the perfect blend of minimal house and a real deal artist album. Deep grooves, yes, but there are lyrics too; and they don‘t suck! The disc goes somewhere between Deep Dish and Swayzak, and even subtly nods to Brian Eno/Bowie‘s "Berlin Trilogy"-how appropriate for an Englishman who has also made Berlin his base of operations.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player