Richard Dorfmeister Vs. Madrid De Los Austrias Grand Slam
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: G-Stone
Compiling years of collaborations between beatsmith Richard Dorfmeister and MDLA's Pogo and Heinz, Grand Slam features some tasty remixes and originals centered around a very summery theme: tennis. Forging bouncing bass and uplifting synths and vocals into solid house grooves, this production team churns out club-ready anthems. Their high-paced tweaking of Zero 7's gorgeous "In the Waiting Line" is a certain floor-smasher, and their tempering of Groove Armada, Koop, and Willie Bobo's sing-along "Spanish Grease" makes this a collection well worth seeking out. But the original sunny-day cut, "Boogie No More," is reason enough.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player