The Rip Off Artist New Clear Days
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Inflatabl
Does the thought of atoms being smashed strike fear into your heart? The Rip Off Artist is happy to help. New Clear Days serves as a primer on the joys and dangers of nuclear power. Its first third edits sounds into glittering, jagged pieces that almost (but not quite) fit back together, creating herky-jerky tunes like "Too Cheap to Meter" that vibrate like excited electrons. A middle section shifts into irradiated ambiance, unsettled by the clicks of a lonely Geiger counter. You'll sleep better after the third section, where tracks like "Duck and Cover" recover a loony humor among the radioactivity.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsMelé Announces New EP, Streams Title Track
XLR8R Downloads Player