Rival Consoles IO
If you miss the Aphex Twin who wrote songs that lit up warehouse raves at 3 a.m. but still tied your brain into knots, do yourself a favor and check out Rival Consoles. Ryan Lee West is a nascent IDM hero on IO, starting with the layered, epic acid squelches of “Milo,” which recalls the glory days of Rephlex. "1985" cranks the distortion and throws devil horns, while "Pvar" combines darker atmospherics with tartly detuned pads and chopped drums. Remembering the dance in braindance, Rival Consoles crams all of IDM's best tricks into the anthemic, relentless pounding of “ARP,” five minutes of head-on-fire, hands-in-the-air action.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player