Rob Dougan Furious Angels
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Reprise
Dougan and his 122-piece orchestra choir are best listened to on the run. If your life lacks grandiose chase scenes, a jog around the block will do, so long as you're maintaining heightened endorphin levels. Maybe it's because his most famous track, "Clubbed To Death," has been soundtracked to death, most notably on "The Matrix," but Dougan's downtempo epics do seem most suited for those cinematic "special moments": the thwarted rescue, the nail-biting climax, the triumphant return of the hero. Suspend your disbelief, ignore your grubby reality, immerse yourself in glittering Gotham, and avoid the overwrought vocal version.
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player