Rob Swift War Games
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Coup De Grace
At first glance, leaving behind the highly esteemed and major label-backed X-Ecutioners crew may seem like career suicide for a turntablist in 2005. But on War Games, Rob Swift goes solo and sounds as inspired as ever as he pulls no punches in reacting to injustice that occurs everywhere from NYC to Iraq. As he often includes vocal samples of George W. addressing the nation, this album is essentially Rob‘s sonic response to the so-called War on Terror and he utilizes hard-hitting beats, ear-raising vocal samples and precise scratching to demonstrate that sometimes you can speak just as effectively with your hands.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player