Robert Henke Signal To Noise
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Imbalance Computer Music
Inspired by a photo he took of Joshua Tree National Park prior to a thunderstorm, Berlin-based producer Robert Henke (Monolake) has conjured another disc of monument, beatless music. Signal To Noise will appeal to those into Monolakeís Gobi. The Desert EP, a vast, elemental vista of becalming and vaguely sinister ambience. Signal To Noiseís slowly evolving, vastly spacious soundscapes possess a holy aura and that quality which marks the best ambient music: It evokes the wonders of nature without getting Hallmark card sappy about it. The musicís subtlety and power point to a master producer/sound designer at the controls.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player