Robert Owens Night-Time Stories
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Compost
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
It's time again for Robert Owens, the buttery voice on epic classics “I'll Be Your Friend” and Fingers Inc.'s “Can You Feel It,” who defined the soul of vocal house, to bless us with a collection of tunes built in collaboration with producers as varied as Kirk Degiorgio and Jimpster. Owens' graceful, transcendent voice and an insistent house pulse weaves these tracks together, even as the productions sashay from the trappings of Germanic techno (“Merging”) to the futuristic R&B of “Now I Know.” Those in the know will remember Owen's DJ and production chops are nearly the equal of his legendary voice, and his self-produced piano mover “Press On” will remind any who forgot.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player