Robot Koch Death Star Droid
Just a bit darker and more deconstructed than the sounds of Robot Koch's high-tech club outfit Jahcoozi, the producer's debut full-length reveals a gamut of choppy hip-hop compositions straight out of Germany. On Death Star Droid, Koch doesn't care for simplicity, though when working with vocalists like the striking Graciela Maria on Doors' cover "People Are Strange," his crazy collaged synths and robotic sonics are aptly toned down a notch—the sign of a real producer. While his collaborations come across as more focused, it's fun hearing Koch run wild with the glitchy bass banger "Gorom Sen" or on the broken mechanical soundscape of the title track. Overall, it's a daring debut.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player