Rodney Hunter Hunter Files
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: G-Stone
Let it be said that I don't like most "smooth" music, and I can't afford the $10 drinks they serve in bars that play it. Still, if I was going to listen to nu-jazz, I could do a lot worse than this Rodney Hunter album. A Kruder & Dorfmeister contemporary, Hunter marries dub, bossa, R&B and house influences to a loose-jointed downtempo framework, then tweaks the effects and massages the bass. The result is a soundtrack to outdoor terraces at sunset and sweaty midnights in tightly-packed lounges, driven forward by outerspace synth touches and soul vocals from Farda P, Hubert Tubbs and Ken Cesar. Think Galliano and Sly & the Family Stone hot oil wrestling, and you're halfway there.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player