Rodney Hunter Hunter Files
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: G-Stone
Let it be said that I don't like most "smooth" music, and I can't afford the $10 drinks they serve in bars that play it. Still, if I was going to listen to nu-jazz, I could do a lot worse than this Rodney Hunter album. A Kruder & Dorfmeister contemporary, Hunter marries dub, bossa, R&B and house influences to a loose-jointed downtempo framework, then tweaks the effects and massages the bass. The result is a soundtrack to outdoor terraces at sunset and sweaty midnights in tightly-packed lounges, driven forward by outerspace synth touches and soul vocals from Farda P, Hubert Tubbs and Ken Cesar. Think Galliano and Sly & the Family Stone hot oil wrestling, and you're halfway there.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player