Roger Robinson Illclectica
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: Altered Vibes
After a decade as a poet and musician-during which he‘s collaborated with The Bug and Attica Blues, and toured with Cody Chesnutt and De La Soul-Roger Robinson has finally gotten around to recording a debut LP. His distinct spoken word rhymes, delivered in a hard-to-place accent that belies time spent in New York, London and Trinidad, underpin proceedings whilst Speeka‘s Rob Mac takes care of beats. "Nicola‘s Song" (think Electric Circus-era Common) and "Scars," the sole track featuring Robinson‘s surprisingly soft singing voice, are the choicest cuts.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player