The Rogers Sisters The Invisible Deck
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Too Pure
The Rogers Sisters (actually two sisters and one unrelated male) play solid, party-starting Brooklyn rock with a melodic slant; great stuff for either a booze-drenched Williamsburg bar or a hang session at home with your pals. Having taken a more song-oriented direction from previous outings, Deck covers a wider sonic palette, delving deeper into emotional territory while remaining dissonant and danceable throughout. And while the lead single, "Never Learn to Cry," may have critics rehashing hackneyed Gang of Four comparisons, moodier fare like "Your Littlest World" will find your head feeling as inspired as your feet.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player