Romanowski Party In My Pants
- Words: Jonathan Zwickel
- Label: Future Primitive
Usually a mix so ecstatically upbeat and shamelessly funky wouldn't show so much innovation, but Swiss-born SF stalwart producer/DJ Romanowski has long excelled at pulling off high wire stunts in oversized clown shoes. It takes serious skill and a lot of chutzpah to bounce from The Darkness-style cockrocking swagger to electro-fried breaks to flute-looped hip-hop samba in 36 minutes, but Roman brings it all to the front without leaking technique out the back. This is no novelty mashup, but one man's deeply expressed, nearly saintly devotion to rocking the party. The smile on your face will be as wide as the shake of your hips.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player