Rondo Brothers Seven Minutes to Midnight
- Words: Velanche
- Label: Citrus to Citrus
San Francisco-based production duo Rondo Brothers' Seven Minutes to Midnight is whimsically eclectic, veering through a multitude of genres including hip-hop, rock, and dream-pop. Honing their craft since 2003, and working alongside folks like Dan the Automator, technical teammates Jim Greer and Brandon Arnovick create appealing songs with engaging arrangements throughout this 17-track suite. Some of the downtempo instrumentals, like "El Corazon," aren't too inspiring, but the intrigue factor kicks in with the dreamy "I Feel in Love." These Brothers do their best to work it out, and the end result is a solid effort.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player