Rondo Brothers Seven Minutes to Midnight
- Words: Velanche
- Label: Citrus to Citrus
San Francisco-based production duo Rondo Brothers' Seven Minutes to Midnight is whimsically eclectic, veering through a multitude of genres including hip-hop, rock, and dream-pop. Honing their craft since 2003, and working alongside folks like Dan the Automator, technical teammates Jim Greer and Brandon Arnovick create appealing songs with engaging arrangements throughout this 17-track suite. Some of the downtempo instrumentals, like "El Corazon," aren't too inspiring, but the intrigue factor kicks in with the dreamy "I Feel in Love." These Brothers do their best to work it out, and the end result is a solid effort.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player