Rondo Brothers Seven Minutes to Midnight
- Words: Velanche
- Label: Citrus to Citrus
San Francisco-based production duo Rondo Brothers' Seven Minutes to Midnight is whimsically eclectic, veering through a multitude of genres including hip-hop, rock, and dream-pop. Honing their craft since 2003, and working alongside folks like Dan the Automator, technical teammates Jim Greer and Brandon Arnovick create appealing songs with engaging arrangements throughout this 17-track suite. Some of the downtempo instrumentals, like "El Corazon," aren't too inspiring, but the intrigue factor kicks in with the dreamy "I Feel in Love." These Brothers do their best to work it out, and the end result is a solid effort.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player