Rondo Brothers Seven Minutes to Midnight
- Words: Velanche
- Label: Citrus to Citrus
San Francisco-based production duo Rondo Brothers' Seven Minutes to Midnight is whimsically eclectic, veering through a multitude of genres including hip-hop, rock, and dream-pop. Honing their craft since 2003, and working alongside folks like Dan the Automator, technical teammates Jim Greer and Brandon Arnovick create appealing songs with engaging arrangements throughout this 17-track suite. Some of the downtempo instrumentals, like "El Corazon," aren't too inspiring, but the intrigue factor kicks in with the dreamy "I Feel in Love." These Brothers do their best to work it out, and the end result is a solid effort.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player