The Rosebuds Life Like
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Merge
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
After a brief dalliance in the world of electro-pop on last year’s Night of the Furies, The Rosebuds have gone and pulled out their guitars again. While the shape-shifting duo out of North Carolina has never made the same album twice, the jangly guitars and breezy songwriting will certainly sound familiar to fans of the band’s earlier work. What is new this time around is a sort of new-wavey gloom that recalls bands like Psychedelic Furs on “Border Guards” and the album’s title track. Yet Life Like is certainly no depressing affair, as songs like “Bow to the Middle” are filled with punchy boy/girl vocal interplay, handclaps, and a toe-tapping dance beat.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player