- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Astralwerks
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
The third proper album from Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland is, conversely, both a disappointment and a joy. Though Junior feels like an album that will improve with play, it undeniably lacks the poise of its predecessors. The inclusion of three Swedish female vocalists—Lykke Li, Robyn, and, most successfully, The Knife’s Karin Dreijer Andersson—alongside frequent Norwegian collaborator Anneli Drecker is perhaps a misstep, an over-egging of a pudding. Nevertheless, the album is still largely a delight, as the duo reconfigures the influences they demonstrated on their Back to Mine mix album (Mr. Flagio, Kasso, Pino D’Angio) into a brash, anthemic, and contemporary European pop album.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player