Run_Return Metro North
- Words: Ben Bush
- Label: n5md
Run_Return‘s dance club-worthy post-rock vacillates between textured electro nocturnes and a sitcom theme triumphalism as life affirming as Beethoven‘s Fifth. The Oakland trio trades off duties on all instruments: vibraphone, retro keyboards, and agile drumming, plus flanged banjo and skittering guitar. There‘s an odd tendency here to pair instruments with their synthetic counterparts-cellos against keyboard strings, handclaps against synth handclaps and, most admirably, the cut-up interplay between programmed beats and live drumming, as when a live drum break appears, deux ex machina, in the middle of a drum machine-backed song.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player