Ryuichi Sakamoto Chasm
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: EMI
Is there a chasm between the opening ("Undercooled") of Sakamoto‘s return effort and the ending theme ("Seven Samurai")? Perhaps musically but not conceptually-and when you understand that, the disparate sounds all make sense. One of the inventors of Japanese electro-pop, and the man behind neo-geo, this Yellow Magician is a peacenik, every song a demonstration of military madness, civilian protest, and downtime serenity. Long time collaborator David Sylvian‘s fragile voice on "World Citizen" encapsulates Sakamoto‘s desire to non-violently exist in a world where industry‘s machines and nature‘s instruments share mental real estate.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player