Ryuichi Sakamoto Chasm
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: EMI
Is there a chasm between the opening ("Undercooled") of Sakamoto‘s return effort and the ending theme ("Seven Samurai")? Perhaps musically but not conceptually-and when you understand that, the disparate sounds all make sense. One of the inventors of Japanese electro-pop, and the man behind neo-geo, this Yellow Magician is a peacenik, every song a demonstration of military madness, civilian protest, and downtime serenity. Long time collaborator David Sylvian‘s fragile voice on "World Citizen" encapsulates Sakamoto‘s desire to non-violently exist in a world where industry‘s machines and nature‘s instruments share mental real estate.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player