Ryuichi Sakamoto Chasm
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: EMI
Is there a chasm between the opening ("Undercooled") of Sakamoto‘s return effort and the ending theme ("Seven Samurai")? Perhaps musically but not conceptually-and when you understand that, the disparate sounds all make sense. One of the inventors of Japanese electro-pop, and the man behind neo-geo, this Yellow Magician is a peacenik, every song a demonstration of military madness, civilian protest, and downtime serenity. Long time collaborator David Sylvian‘s fragile voice on "World Citizen" encapsulates Sakamoto‘s desire to non-violently exist in a world where industry‘s machines and nature‘s instruments share mental real estate.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player