The Saint Grown Folk Music
- Words: June Joseph
- Label: Uncle Junior-7 Heads
Grown Folk Music is an interesting one. Conceived by the loftily named The Saint, it can't decide if it's deep house or hip-house. Nonetheless, it's a good album with a few choice cuts-mainly they're growers, not showers. Influences aplenty abound production-wise, with such acts as MAW and Organized Konfusion springing to mind, but lyrically this lacks edge. Then again, with a name like Grown Folk Music, I guess it would.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player