The Saint Grown Folk Music
- Words: June Joseph
- Label: Uncle Junior-7 Heads
Grown Folk Music is an interesting one. Conceived by the loftily named The Saint, it can't decide if it's deep house or hip-house. Nonetheless, it's a good album with a few choice cuts-mainly they're growers, not showers. Influences aplenty abound production-wise, with such acts as MAW and Organized Konfusion springing to mind, but lyrically this lacks edge. Then again, with a name like Grown Folk Music, I guess it would.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player