The Saint Grown Folk Music
- Words: June Joseph
- Label: Uncle Junior-7 Heads
Grown Folk Music is an interesting one. Conceived by the loftily named The Saint, it can't decide if it's deep house or hip-house. Nonetheless, it's a good album with a few choice cuts-mainly they're growers, not showers. Influences aplenty abound production-wise, with such acts as MAW and Organized Konfusion springing to mind, but lyrically this lacks edge. Then again, with a name like Grown Folk Music, I guess it would.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player