The Saint Grown Folk Music
- Words: June Joseph
- Label: Uncle Junior-7 Heads
Grown Folk Music is an interesting one. Conceived by the loftily named The Saint, it can't decide if it's deep house or hip-house. Nonetheless, it's a good album with a few choice cuts-mainly they're growers, not showers. Influences aplenty abound production-wise, with such acts as MAW and Organized Konfusion springing to mind, but lyrically this lacks edge. Then again, with a name like Grown Folk Music, I guess it would.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player