Salim Rafiq Sound Off
- Words: Donna Matrix
- Label: Fuel
The first part of this CD encapsulates the Fuel Records sound, with 12 tracks mixed by Fuel god Salim Rafiq. For those unfamiliar with this unique brand of breakbeat, expect minimal, bass-heavy breaks that ooze with a style that's rarely duplicated by producers outside of the Fuel camp. To mitigate this lack of reproduction, the second half of the CD features 22 audio samples and snippets of tweaky bass drops for you to slice, dice and enjoy in your own studio. Will we hear this sound spread more in the future? Not a bad thought.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player