Salim Rafiq Sound Off
- Words: Donna Matrix
- Label: Fuel
The first part of this CD encapsulates the Fuel Records sound, with 12 tracks mixed by Fuel god Salim Rafiq. For those unfamiliar with this unique brand of breakbeat, expect minimal, bass-heavy breaks that ooze with a style that's rarely duplicated by producers outside of the Fuel camp. To mitigate this lack of reproduction, the second half of the CD features 22 audio samples and snippets of tweaky bass drops for you to slice, dice and enjoy in your own studio. Will we hear this sound spread more in the future? Not a bad thought.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player