Sans Soleil The Dominical EP
- Words: Scott Edmonds
- Label: Wave
Reorienting your mind with his late-20th century disco-pop influences, Sans Soleil‘s (a.k.a. Michael Trommer from Toronto) productions are subtlety constructed and emotive. With vocal help from singer-songwriter Genevieve Marentette, Trommer‘s "Orange-Grey" and "Somnambule" are reminscent of Carl Craig and vocalist Sarah Gregory‘s take on the classic "As Time Goes By." Fans of Derrick May‘s Transmat label and Craig‘s Planet-E label will dig this.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player