- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Moodmusic
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
It’s hard to believe, but Toinen is only the second full-length album by Berlin-by-way-of-Finland producer Sasse. Yet there is no sophomore slump to be found here, as Toinen is loaded with expertly produced house and techno sounds. Drifting away from his earlier flirtations with Italo- and space disco, Toinen is a controlled effort with a stronger eye toward the precision of Detroit techno. The veteran producer never lends the impression that anything is in danger of going off the rails, as even club tracks like “Clemens” and “Friday Sessionz” are tempered by a strong sense of order, not to mention bursts of white noise and tightly wound Kraftwerk-style synths.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player